Friday, August 26

Review: Betrayal (Haunting Emma #2)

Betrayal (Haunting Emma #2)
Lee Nichols

Published By: Bloomsbury
Publication Date: September 5, 2011
Date Read: August 26, 2011
Genre: YA - Paranormal Romance
Source: Review Copy from Publishers
Format: Paperback
Pages: 288
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11423479-betrayal

From Goodreads:
Emma Vaile is the most powerful ghostkeeper in centuries. Which is great when she's battling the wraith-master Neos, but terrible when she's flirting with fellow ghostkeeper (and soul mate) Bennett. When ghostkeepers fall in love, the weaker one loses all power, and that's not something Bennett can handle. Heartbroken and alone, Emma tries to lose herself in school with fellow ghostkeeper Natalie. When a new team of ghostkeepers arrive-one a snarky teen boy, the other a British scholar-Emma finds solace in training for the battle against Neos. But as the team grows stronger, they are threatened by an unknown force. One they thought was good. As chilling and page-turning as Deception, this sequel will grab readers and hold them to the last page. No one is safe from suspicion as Emma closes in on the traitor.

Firstly, I wanna say a big thank you to Bloomsbury for sending me a review copy of this book. I received this along with the first book in the series Deception and as soon as I finished Deception I couldn't wait to start this one.

I really liked this book more than the first one, there's a lot more action than the first one and I loved that.
Betrayal starts right where Deception finished. Emma is the most powerful Ghostkeeper and is put with a team of other ghostkeepers where they must train to fight Neos. Distraught by Bennett's sudden departure she throws herself into training, little does she know there is a traitor in her midst and Neos knows every move she and the team are making. With her guards up until the traitor is found, Emma becomes more and more determined to defeat Neos but will she be able to when some ghosts are messing with her mind making her believe her closest allies may be her closest enemies.

I really loved this instalment of the Haunting Emma series and I was on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen next. I love action in books so I really loved that this book was filled with action and the reader was constantly left in suspense wondering who the traitor was and what was going to happen. I really loved Emma in this book, in Deception you saw her vulnerable as she discovered what she was while in this one you saw her grow stronger, both emotionally and physically as she embraced her heritage and became determined to fight and save those she loves. She really grew up a lot in this book and I really loved that. I loved how she wouldn't sit around moping when Bennett left as some heroine's in books do but took it all in her stride as she trained.

I really enjoyed this book and I can't wait for the third book and find out how it all ends, I prey they'll finally be able to defeat Neos and that her and Bennett will find a way to be together. A great instalment to a great series, I'm really excited to find out how the series will end.




2 comments:

  1. great review! My thoughts on this one were pretty much the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks em, hope we get the third one as well lol

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment