Saturday, June 4

Why Do I Love Dystopia? #1

Why Do I Love Dystopia will be split into 3 posts throughout the next couple of days. Some bloggers and readers of dystopian novels have agreed to write a small paragraph about what they really like about dystopian novels.

First up is Lesley from My Keeper's Shelf. Thanks for taking part Lesley, you rock :)



Hello everyone it's Lesley from My keeper shelf here, Kayleigh has very kindly let me loose on her blog today to talk about my favourite Dystopian books as part of her wonderful Dystopian month here on K- Books.

I don't know if it's because I am a bit slow on the uptake but I only actually became aware of the term Dystopia a few months ago. If you google Dystopia (which I had to do) it says that it's a form of literature that explores social and political structures, its a creation of a nightmare world which is characterised by an authoritarian form of government, repressive social control, an absence of individual freedom and a state of constant warfare or violence! Sounds delightful doesn't it? It kind of made me wonder why I actually like it!



The first dystopian book I read was Enclave by Ann Aguirre which I loved to bits it was so different from anything I had ever read and I thought it was definitely worth 5 stars and was really my starting point. Since then I've read Wither by Lauren DeStefano which was creepy but brilliant, and then I started reading The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins (I realise I am probably the last person on the planet to read it - I told you I was slow on the uptake!) 






My favourite so far has to be Divergent by Veronica Roth which is actually one of my favourite books of the year. I loved the whole world building, I loved the politics and power games behind the scenes and I absolutely loved the characters of Tris and Four. If you haven't read it, errr why not???

K-Books is currently running a fab Divergent giveaway so make sure you enter it!







I have a few others on my to be read list that I really want to read. I just started Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky which when I read the blurb I immediately pre-ordered it sounds fab. I also have XVI by Julia Karr sitting on my bookshelf and Blood Red Road by Moira Young. I really want to catch up on Delirium by Lauren Oliver and The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan which everyone raves about.

There are so many great Dystopian books out there. 
I am spoilt for choice!




 Thanks to Lesley for doing this guest post for Dystopian Month

3 comments:

  1. Great books mentioned there! I've never even heard of Awaken before, that is defo on my wishlist now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this had to be my first one posted coz Lesley did an awesome job writing this :)

    ReplyDelete

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment