Tuesday, June 21

Review: Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse #4)

Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse #4)
Charlaine Harris

Published By: Gollancz
Publication Date: May 13, 2010
Date Read: June 20, 2011
Genre: Adult - Paranormal Romance
Source: Bought
Format: Format
Pages: 321

From Goodreads:
Dead to the World is the fourth novel in Charlaine Harris's Anthony Award-winning Southern Vampire series. It continues the story of psychic waitress Sookie Stackhouse, who has fallen out with her undead lover, Bill. Bill has no sooner departed for Peru, than Sookie finds the head vampire, Eric, running naked and terrified through the rural night. She helps Eric, and discovers his memory has been destroyed by a coven of unscrupulous, astonishingly powerful witches, newly arrived in her small Louisiana town, and offering a huge reward for Eric. Sookie tries to hide Eric, but her brother sees him--and immediately disappears. And Sookie finds herself caught in a war among witches, vampires, and werewolves.

I decided to finally read the fourth Sookie book after I saw a preview for season 4 of True Blood. I got very over-excited and just had to start the book straight away putting on hold the book I was reading.

I really couldn't get into it at the beginning, I personally enjoy the show better than the books and when I first started the book I thought it's not going to be very good but gladly, I was wrong.
I loved it and this one is definitely my favourite book of the series so far.

In other book I loved Eric more than Bill and he has always been my favourite character so I was so happy that this book mainly centred on him.
Eric, who has lost his memory and doesn't remember anything about who he is is staying with Sookie in her house to protect him from the witches who did this to him. What Sookie doesn't count on is becoming extremely attracted to the new vulnerable Eric.

I loved this book, it was just incredible it had the best scenes in it and I really enjoyed seeing a new vulnerable unsure side to Eric. I totally fell more in love with him in this book and I can't wait to see what happens in the rest of the series.

I told myself at the beginning of this book that if I didn't enjoy it I would not read the others and I was thinking about giving up while reading the beginning of this book but as I read more I fell in love with the story more and ended up loving it. I can't wait to see what is in store for Eric and Sookie.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment