Wednesday, April 27

Review: Never Let Me Go

Never Let Me Go
Kazuo Ishiguro 

Published By: Faber
Publication Date: October 14, 2010
Date Read: February 11, 2011
Genre: Adult - Science Fiction / Dystopia?
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 282
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9276358-never-let-me-go

From Goodreads:
From the Booker Prize-winning author of The Remains of the Day comes a devastating new novel of innocence, knowledge, and loss. As children Kathy, Ruth, and Tommy were students at Hailsham, an exclusive boarding school secluded in the English countryside. It was a place of mercurial cliques and mysterious rules where teachers were constantly reminding their charges of how special they were. Now, years later, Kathy is a young woman. Ruth and Tommy have reentered her life. And for the first time she is beginning to look back at their shared past and understand just what it is that makes them special—and how that gift will shape the rest of their time together. Suspenseful, moving, beautifully atmospheric, Never Let Me Go is another classic by the author of The Remains of the Day.

OMG this book was so amazingly good. i loved every minute of it. The story followd three childhood friends, Tommy, Cathy and Ruth. They grew up together in a english bording school, but little do they know is that everything they have ever been told is a lie. They are actually clones, who have been created only for donations. As their relationship grows as they grow up and they find out the truth of what they are they must learn to deal with the fact that they cannot stay together and life will tear them apart. The beginning was a little slow for me but once i was a few chapters in i was hooked. It was such an emotional story and I found myself wishing that they could find a way to stop the donations and be happy. The only thing i didn't like was the fact that the ending was so sad and made me cry. I was so emotional that by the end of the book i had to stop reading because i couldn't see the words anymore for my tears. I love this book and will definitely read it over and over again.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment